Sunday, 3 February 2013

January Review - Feb Goals

Hey homies,

Time for the January review!

Last month went pretty well for me and I got 2013 off to a flying start, I even cashed in a tournament, which is awesome because:

a) I never play tournaments
b) In a tournament with 760 entries, due to good ol' variance, its going to be relatively difficult to even cash, let alone get to the final table........ with 3 big blinds....... and then somehow come 3rd! lol

So yeah, bit of good variance for me last month where tournaments are concerned, next one I play will probably be 2014 because I've clearly used up my donkament rungood for this year. I did feel quite disappointed though to finish 3rd, as I felt that I had a decent edge on the other 2 guys but went really card dead and couldn't really do much, I think I even got it in as a fav and went out so was unfortunate and I really had my eye on 1st place for $650~, but like I said, I really did use all my rungood that night so 3rd was far above expectations for me when going into the final table lol

On the cash tables things didnt start all that well, I started playing only zoom in January, trying to increase my volume in the small amount of time I have per month to play poker (35hrs at the tables last month, so maybe not all that small!), starting off with FR where I quickly got bored of being shown the nuts, and moving to 6m, where I got bored of spewing and concentrating mainly on volume and vpps (always a stupid thing to do at the micros btw!).

So, in a moment akin to Bilbo finding the ring, I moved to 888 poker and starting grinding the regular 6nl 6max tables there, I have no idea why, maybe I heard it was fishy as most smaller sites are, but this move started a sequence of events that got my year off to a flier, culminating in cashing that donkament with a free $7 ticket I got for signing up.

I moved $200 to 888, and about 2 weeks later moved $480 back off it and onto stars, after a shocking exchange rate scam that they're running, and withdrawing $50 of my tourney winnings to treat me and the missus to dinner. I had done well at the 6nl games there and probably would have stayed, if it wasnt for the absurd rake, rubbish rewards system, and looking up the lobby less games running above 10nl. I moved back to stars and started grinding the 10nl 6max games there, with decent results, and then went on to start adding in 16nl tables at the end of the month! :)



Around the 9k hand mark is where I dropped the rush games and moved sites, theres a downswing coming for sure, but hopefully it's short!

I feel like my game has came on leaps and bounds in January, and its mostly down to getting settled at 6max, playing less tables and concentrating more on playing the player, as well as playing my cards. The hand below that I played last night kinda shows this in my opinion, the 3bettor was a reggy type player, hadnt got auto top up on, but he was def positionally aware, and had 3bet a few times from the blinds and when IP. 48s is obv not the greatest hand to make a stand with, and I should have folded pre, but on the flop I felt that the board was unconnected enough for me to make a raise and expect folds from a lot of his rubbish, I figured that all he can really call here with is QQ+ AQdd+ 66 & 22, while there was tons of rubbish that he 3bets and then bet folds figuring me for a Qx which I rep good enough, or even 66 or 22, like putting myself in his shoes I 3bet Axs, PP's and SC's from there and then cbet half pot with my whole range, which I'm b/f'ing for sure. Maybe I murdered this and got lucky, but this to me shows an improvement in my game, as playing 16 tables of FR I'd have never took the time to think the hand through like that, so let us know your opinions on it.

Poker Stars $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2088100
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $13.39
UTG: $3.46
MP: $9.41
CO: $16.10
Hero (BTN): $16.84
SB: $16.00

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is BTN with 4 of hearts 8 of hearts
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.48, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.12

Flop: ($3.28) Q of diamonds 6 of diamonds 2 of spades (2 players)
BB bets $1.76, Hero raises to $4, BB folds

Final Pot: $6.80
Hero mucks 4 of hearts 8 of hearts
Hero wins $6.49
(Rake: $0.31)

If anything this shows a bit more confidence in my game, and having the balls to go with my gut feel and reads.

Hopefully my good run continues through this month and I can start looking at 25nl shots at the beginning of March!

Results for Jan:

Cash Games - +$86.78
MTT - +$263.90
SNG's - +$14.03
235fpp Sat's - Cashed 0 / 1 :(

So goals for Febuary then:

[ ] Keep mixing 10nl and 16nl 6m tables
[ ] Get bankroll to 25nl shot taking level ($875)
[ ] Check results once per week max
[ ] Watch 2 videos per week
[ ] Run 3 times per week
[ ] 1 takeaway per week max




1 comment:

  1. Nice MTT score last week, hope your February is going well too!

    ReplyDelete